Product life cycle management strategies that expand your product’s potential
For pharmaceutical companies in today’s highly competitive environment, getting a drug product to market is only step one. Maintaining success and profitability for as long as possible is the challenge for the remainder of the drug’s life. Vetter can help with several product life cycle options.
Primary packaging change
An upgrade in primary packaging can increase your drug product’s appeal to clinicians and patients – and can set it apart from the competition. Examples include transfers:
- From liquid vial to prefilled syringe
- From liquid vial to cartridge and pen assembly
- From vial to dual-chamber syringe or cartridge
Secondary packaging change
Taking a look at secondary packaging is another way to extend your product’s life cycle. Secondary packaging changes can help you address user, efficiency, and even regulatory challenges. Examples include:
- Change from a top-loaded carton to a blister pack for particle reduction
- Alteration of a finger flange or plunger rod
- Addition of a safety device
- Incorporation of serialization to address regulatory changes
- Serialization for specific markets
Vetter’s expertise in a broad range of compounds and delivery systems means we can help you make a smooth transition to an enhanced product.